You are getting close to retirement but want to make solid informed decisions both before and after retirement. We believe an experienced advisor can assist you in making these very important choices.
- 401K or IRA Rollover? Will you keep your employer 401K or roll it into your IRA? What are the tax and asset protection consequences of each? ERISA plans can have a higher level of protection vs. an IRA in some states of domicile.
- Company Stock: What do you do with your company stock both inside and outside the qualified plan? Do you take advantage of preferential tax treatment for company stock?
- Stock Options. When do you exercise employer stock options and which tax year do you take the income in?
- If you have a pension plan, do you take a monthly income and which choice of several do you elect? When is it worthwhile to roll over a lump sum distribution into your IRA?
- Deferred Compensation: Must you take the distribution within a certain timeframe of can you spread it out over multiple tax years?
- Healthcare in retirement. Does your company provide healthcare in retirement? If not, what are your choices and how do you pay for it?
- Social Security. What are your Social Security claiming alternatives? When do you take your benefit and if married, how do you coordinate benefits with your spouse?
- Lifetime of income needed. How do you prepare for a life expectancy that can run into 90 years of age + for one or both spouses. How do you keep up with inflation? Remember what a car, house, taxes or healthcare cost 15-20 years ago!
Your employer just offered a time sensitive, early retirement buyout package.
- Analysis and competent advice needed. You need to analyze the offering in a short period of time. Do you take it or not?
- Topics include: Incentives, bonuses, acceleration of stock or deferred compensation vesting, healthcare.
- Is it worth it to take the retirement offer vs. working a while longer?
- If you are close to retirement age, add in scenario #1 as well!
- Let us do the hard lifting. Let us read through the offering documents and boilerplate. That’s what we are good at. You are skilled at what you do but most likely this isn’t something to want to do alone.
*** Human Resource Directors: Please utilize us as an advisor with a fiduciary level of care for your retiring employees.
Some of the company retirement plans/packages we can review but are not limited to include Air Products & Chemicals, Amazon, American Airlines, Amgen, Aramark, AT&T, Automatic Data Processing, Avon Products, Boeing , Bristol Myers Squibb, Caterpillar, Celgene, Chevron, Coca-Cola, Comcast, Con Edison, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Home Depot, Honeywell International, HP, Illinois Tool Works, Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark, Lockheed Martin, Lowes, Merck, Monsanto, Northrop Grumman, Pepsi, Pfizer, PPL, PG&E, Raytheon, Siemens, Starbucks, Toll Brothers, United Airlines, Verizon. Capital Health, Union local plans, Council Rock, Neshaminy, New Hope Solebury, BCCC, 403B plans.
We can analyze the retirement plans and/or retirement packages offered by these and other companies. We are independent of and non-affiliated with these companies and their benefits providers.