- Retirement income Planning. Will you have enough inflation adjusted income to maintain a gracious and sustainable lifestyle through your entire life? We can run the financial projections to make certain you’re on track.
- Do you have a 401k, 403B, 457 or other retirement plan? We can review your plan to see if your fund selections and investments are appropriate for your current and future goals.
- Investing for the future: Start planning now to ensure that you are investing in the right places and saving enough. Let us run an analysis. Should you open a Roth IRA, IRA or retirement plan?
- Orphaned 401K: Do you have a 401K, 403B or similar plan from a former employer that isn’t getting the attention it deserves. Let’s talk about whether it makes sense to consolidate them and implement an overall investment strategy.
- Social Security claiming strategies. When and how do you starting collecting benefits. This is a vital choice you will need to make. As you know, taking it early significantly reduces your benefits while waiting past full retirement age significantly increases your monthly check.
- Healthcare in retirement. If you retire before Medicare eligibility, will your employer cover you? When do you sign up for Medicare?
- Employer Pension: Do you take a monthly check or do you roll a lump sum into an IRA? We can help you to make an informed decision.
- Medical power of attorney, healthcare directives. What happens in specific situations and who makes the decisions? Family member, corporate trustee-guardian, trusted friend?
- Long term care. Who takes care of you if you need some help? Do you have the assets to self-fund? How does this affect your family, spouse or partner? Should you own long term care insurance or acquire similar protection?
Other Important Planning
- Educational funding. Do you have a plan to fund education for children or grandchildren? We can help structure your plan.
- Estate planning review. Are your will & beneficiary designations up to date?
- Multi-generational planning. Everyone from grandparents to great grandchildren. Sometimes we can open a discussion where a family member might be reluctant to bring up a sensitive topic.
- Traditional and non-traditional families, blended families, single individuals. We can help work out the specific issues that are important to you. It’s your life and we are here to assist you!
- We coordinate with your other tax and legal advisors to craft a plan that works for you.
- State of domicile: A primary residence in a low income tax state or no income tax state can make a significant difference in your net income.
- Asset protection: Correct titling of your home, business or investment accounts can help protect you from liability. Do you have an umbrella policy?
Please contact us to discuss how we might be of assistance in planning your future.